top of page

What to Do if Radon Levels are High

You have tested your home for radon and confirmed that you have elevated radon levels — 4 picocuries per liter (pCi/L) or higher. The EPA recommends that you take action to reduce your home's radon levels if your radon test result is 4 pCi/L or higher. High radon levels can be reduced through mitigation. CLICK HERE to order a test kit

  • Select a licensed or certified radon mitigation contractor to reduce the radon levels

  • Have mitigation contractor determine appropriate radon reduction method

  • Maintain your radon reduction system

Select a Licensed or Certified Radon Mitigation Contractor

It is recommended that you have a licensed or certified radon mitigation contractor fix your home because lowering high radon levels requires specific technical knowledge and special skills. 

Many states require radon professionals to be licensed, certified or registered, and to install radon mitigation systems that meet state requirements. Contact your state radon officefor a list of certified radon service providers doing business in the state. In states that don't regulate radon services, ask the contractor if they hold a professional proficiency or certification credential. You can contact the National Radon Safety Board (NRSB) for certified professionals in your area. Certification programs usually provide members with a photo-ID card, which indicates their qualification(s) and the ID-card's expiration date.

Success! Message received.

bottom of page